Monday, November 23, 2009

Plastic

I have heard that corporate responsibility regarding the environment is a major issue in industry today.  In the area of non compostable plastic, I don't see it.  It seems that, increasingly, more and more packaging is made of plastic.  Maybe because I'm 62 years old, I notice it whereas younger people take plastic for granted.  One small example:  the inner package of most food items such as cereal, boxed soups, candy, etc. used to be made of paper and could be made of paper again.  Rather than burning our vegetable oils as fuel in our cars, if we are going to use tons and tons of plastic for TV dinners, why not make our plastic biodegradeable.  I don't see any movement in industry in this direction except niche health foods like Amy's and a few others.

No comments:

Post a Comment